Ivel Model Aircraft Club
Model Aircraft Flying near Bedford UK .
Our members are mainly from Bedfordshire and West Cambridgeshire
Latest news: (updated 1 Jul 18)
1. Racing event 22 Jul 18 (spare weather day 28 Jul 18) see an outline of the event at:
The entry fee will pay for a brand new LiPo that competitors will get to keep.
2. Reminder, if you arrive at the field 1st and unlock the gate, please leave the gate open but the padlock LOCKED and attached to the chain with the combination numbers rotated so that passers-by cannot discover the combination.
At Wilden there are 2 padlocks now, one for use by Wilden Cricket Club members (Brass Lock) and another for Ivel MAC members.
The person who leaves last is ensure the gate is securely locked with the chain and padlock.
3. Wilden If conditions are muddy, please park between the Gate and around the Nets (according to wind direction) to avoid making muddy tracks near the pavilion.
4. Alternate site Regrettably, in the Winter time access to the alternate site, and the flying area often becomes waterlogged and so slippery that cars can bog down easily. Please advise the committee if you find it to be too soft/muddy.
When we know this is the case we can advise members not to use that site, and also advise when it is accessible again.
For information, there is hardcore laid between the gate and almost as far as the start of the flying area. The hardcore is not very wide (little more than a car width) and is very close to the ditch. It is under the rough grass, the mower would be damaged if it was cut.
Please keep close to the ditch if you really must check the field situation but be aware that if the field is too muddy you will have to reverse out.
There is often a VERY wet area close to the Oak tree.
5. For the latest news about information about what may happen to control our hobby/sport can be found in on the BMFA website at :
from 30 May 18
also from 12 Feb 18
also, from 26 Nov 17
There was also a UK government document released 22 Jul 17.
Not an easy read.
(check back soon for updates)